In any case, I hope to get back to reading and posting again regularly. I started this year off so well! But I am planning on participating in tomorrow's readathon. The first one I participated in was April 2010, and while I haven't been able to jump into every single one, I've participated in most. I love the readathon!
I grabbed a few books and created this small stack. I have no idea if these are the books I'm actually going to read, but I'm going to give it a shot!
From top to bottom:
- The Subtle Knife by Phillip Pullman: I started this after finishing my reread of The Golden Compass back in February. I want to finish it, but I've just been too busy! This is my number one pick for tomorrow!
- The Amber Spyglass by Phillip Pullman: This is there in case I decide to finish the trilogy. I'm not sure, since I have 2 other books in this stack that I need to read before next Friday....
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll: This is in my stack because I'd like to read it...I just don't know if I'll get to it. I do enjoy reading classics for the readathon, so we'll see!
- Generation One by Pittacus Lore: This is 1 of 2 books I have left to read for our Battle Book list. I started this ages ago during silent reading time with my kids but set it aside. I know it'll be a fast read if I can squeeze it in.
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco: This is the 2nd Battle book and one that I've been saving since the kids seem to enjoy it. It's not one I would have normally picked up to read, but I'm going to give it a go anyway!
There you have it-a short stack, but there are some things I'm truly looking forward to reading in there. I tend to stray from my readathon piles a lot, so that might happen.
I'm spending most of the day at home, and Matt will be working, so as long as I don't get distracted by anything that needs done here in the house, I should be reading! I am giving a practice AP test in the morning at school (the kids will be sitting for a full test of 3.5 hours), so I'm not sure if I'm going to work during that time-likely-or if I'm going to read. We shall see. My overall goal is to read for 12 hours at a minimum, so we'll see how I do! :)
Let me know if you're participating so I can check in!