Friday, April 27, 2018

Readathon Stack: April 2018.

I know I haven't been around. The usual has been happening-work overtaking all my free time so I really haven't been reading. I think the only thing I've read in the last month is Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds and that only happened because I had a rare day where I was caught up. And it was a fast read.

In any case, I hope to get back to reading and posting again regularly. I started this year off so well! But I am planning on participating in tomorrow's readathon. The first one I participated in was April 2010, and while I haven't been able to jump into every single one, I've participated in most. I love the readathon!

I grabbed a few books and created this small stack. I have no idea if these are the books I'm actually going to read, but I'm going to give it a shot!



From top to bottom:

  • The Subtle Knife by Phillip Pullman: I started this after finishing my reread of The Golden Compass back in February. I want to finish it, but I've just been too busy! This is my number one pick for tomorrow!
  • The Amber Spyglass by Phillip Pullman: This is there in case I decide to finish the trilogy. I'm not sure, since I have 2 other books in this stack that I need to read before next Friday....
  • Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll: This is in my stack because I'd like to read it...I just don't know if I'll get to it. I do enjoy reading classics for the readathon, so we'll see!
  • Generation One by Pittacus Lore: This is 1 of 2 books I have left to read for our Battle Book list. I started this ages ago during silent reading time with my kids but set it aside. I know it'll be a fast read if I can squeeze it in.
  • Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco: This is the 2nd Battle book and one that I've been saving since the kids seem to enjoy it. It's not one I would have normally picked up to read, but I'm going to give it a go anyway!
There you have it-a short stack, but there are some things I'm truly looking forward to reading in there. I tend to stray from my readathon piles a lot, so that might happen.

I'm spending most of the day at home, and Matt will be working, so as long as I don't get distracted by anything that needs done here in the house, I should be reading! I am giving a practice AP test in the morning at school (the kids will be sitting for a full test of 3.5 hours), so I'm not sure if I'm going to work during that time-likely-or if I'm going to read. We shall see. My overall goal is to read for 12 hours at a minimum, so we'll see how I do! :)

Let me know if you're participating so I can check in!

5 comments:

  1. I'm reading tomorrow so I'll give you subtle nudges toward Alice throughout the day. ;) I hope you have a great day of rest, reading, and proctoring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to participate, but I had so much to do on my day off-so I just visit those who did, I like your list-I hope you get to read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland-excellent book!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started my RaT with that Stalking Jack book but gave it up pretty quickly. Didn't work for me. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the His Dark Materials series!!! I've had Stalking Jack the Ripper on my to read soon shelf for two years now, and yet I keep passing it up for something else. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete