Anyway, like all challenges there are a number of levels to choose from:
Sense and Sensibility: 1-4 books.
Great Expectations: 5-9 books.
Hard Times: 10-14 books.
Desperate Remedies: 15+ books
I'm aiming for some middle ground and while I am reaching for some Hard Times, I might just get to Great Expectations. (haha).
In any case, I have a lot of Victorians on my list and I know that reading too many of them will make me sick, so I made a list of 15 books that are possibilities. This list will most likely change as I go and I am sure that when I finish this thing, hardly any of these titles will make it. :)
- The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
- Tess of D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
- Far from the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy
- Middlemarch by George Eliot
- Silas Marner by George Eliot
- Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
- Hard Times by Charles Dickens
- Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
- Vanity Fair by William Thackeray
- The Lost World by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Kim by Rudyard Kipling
- Dracula by Bram Stoker