I do want to say before I show you my loot is that I was very restrained. I went with my mom to the other Borders (about 20 minutes away), since I thought they would have a different selection that my local one (only 5 minutes away). I was right. There were MANY things I wanted, but I only brought home 8 books with me this time.
And you all know I will be going back multiple times when the discounts get better.
From top to bottom:
- Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs: I found this lonesome copy hiding in the history section. And I really liked the green cover. Bite me.
- Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne. I just finished my first Vernes a few days ago and LOVED it, so when I saw it I needed to add this one to my pile.
- Three Plays by Ayn Rand: I know RAND. How could I? But it was the only one, and I am REALLY curious about her plays. There won't be a 70 page speech, right?
- The American by Henry James: All of my experiences with James have been really positive so far and I adore his writing style, so I figured I should add his other work to my library for the future.
- The Wings of the Dove by Henry James: See above. :)
- Traitors' Gate by Kate Elliott. I have had the hardest time finding this book, and it is the third in a trilogy. I had to pick it up.
- Pnin by Vladimir Nabokov. I've been having a hard time locating this one, and since it is on my list, I grabbed it quickly.
- The Ghost Stories of Edith Wharton by Edith Wharton. This is one of the few Whartons I don't have on my shelf, so...you know...