It is Saturday night, and I am just sitting here, so I thought that this would be fun. :) Enjoy!
(I should note that I got this from Jillian, who got it elsewhere).
1. The books I’m currently reading: I am in the middle of a number of things, mainly because I have too many commitments and not enough time to read recently. I am in the middle of The Portrait of a Lady by Henry James, which I set aside for a bit to finish some other titles. I am also close to the end of both Purgatorio by Dante and Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad.
2. The last book I finished: This is going to make me sound pathetic, but the last book I finished was Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks on November 6. I've been a little busy this month....
3. The next book I want to read: I’m going to be starting Walden and "Civil Disobedience" for Transcendentalist Month. I also need to get to Paradiso and Sense and Sensibility before the end of December. There are also a number of things I want to finish before the end of the year-including a read of all 4 of Paolini's Inheritance Cycle titles (I got the fourth one a few weeks ago-I forgot that I preordered it over the summer).
4. The last book I bought: My Student Government class gave me a wonderful gift card to Barnes and Noble on my last day, I went a little crazy and ordered a few things, including a hard copy of Clarissa, one of the books I am tackling next year (I had an ebook copy, but wanted the actual book to lug around). As soon as all my new purchases arrive, you'll see them. :)
And before anyone points it out, since I didn't spend my own money, I didn't break my book buying ban. So there.
5. The last book I was given: I was sent a beautiful copy of Sense and Sensibility for review! I'll be reading it soon!
Clasrissa is on my list, too! I've been thinking of a long-term project reading the letters on/close to the date written. They start on January 10... this may be the year.ReplyDelete
I really need to get Inheritance; I've been trying to decide if I'm going to re-read the first three before starting it. :)ReplyDelete
You were sent a classic for review?! Wow--how do I get on that list? ;) (seriously...).ReplyDelete
Does it make you feel better that the last book I finished was in October during the readathon? :)
Good luck with Heart of Darkness--I really enjoyed it but it was definitely tough reading.