The Classics Club is hosting a "Classics Spin," where we make a list of 20 books off of our Classics Club list, wait for a number to be chosen, then make sure to read that book by the deadline (deadline is April 1)! I'm a little late to the game, since the number will be announced in the morning, but I'm sneaking in.
You can divide the books into categories to make the game more fun, or you can just list 20 titles. I decided to divide (mainly because of my crazy tendencies).
Here's my list!
4 Books I WANT to Read:
1. Return of the Native by Thomas Hardy
2. Sister Carrie by Theodore Dreiser
3. The Song of the Lark by Willa Cather (book 5 in my Willa Cather project!)
4. The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
4 Books I DON'T want to Read:
5. Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyon
6. Lord Jim by Joseph Conrad
7. The War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells
8. Pnin by Vladimir Nabokov
4 Books Matt Chose (based solely on title):
9. On the Road by Jack Kerouac
10. Enemy of the People by Henrick Ibsen
11. Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
12. The Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
4 Books from my TBR Challenge:
13.Moll Flanders by Daniel Defoe
14. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
15. Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott
16. Remains of the Day by Kazou Ishiguro
17. Clarissa by Samuel Richardson (because this would be a good push to finish it)
18. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
19. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
20. Tom Jones by Henry Fielding
There you have it! I'll update this post once the number has been picked so you can see what I'm stuck reading! :)
The lucky number was 14, so I get to read the Angelou! I'm pretty excited about the book choice (especially that I'm not reading one of the chunksters), since it was a book I needed to get to at some point this year! Let me know what you ended up with according to the spin!