Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Book List Meme: January 26, 2010

As part of my goal to get more involved in the book blogging community, I have decided to join in on a weekly blog meme for book bloggers. Rebecca at Lost in Books is hosting a weekly book meme that is right up my alley.

Essentially every week she will list a topic and a question for book bloggers to answer in regards to 3 books.

This week's topic?

3 Fiction Worlds I Would Like to Hang Out In

This was incredibly hard for me to choose! So I decided to do it based on 3 different pieces of what I like to read. One based on my love of fantasy, one based on my love of great and moving fiction, and the last based on childhood memories.

Enjoy.




1. The land of Middle-Earth! I couldn't leave this off my list, as much as I would want to. The Lord of the Rings is such a central part of fantasy literature that OF COURSE I would want to live there...most likely in Rivendell. I love the Elves.




2. Old New York City, primarily during the 1920s of Edith Wharton's The House of Mirth as well as Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby. I love that old society feel in both their novels, even though they have very different points of view.





3. The last is the world of Laura Ingalls Wilder's Little House on the Prairie. The series was one of my favorites growing up and I have already decided that it needs to be reread as soon as possible. I loved to escape into that world, and I wouldn't mind doing that now.





There are a limitless amount of worlds I would love to live or hang out in, but 3 was the limit, so there you have it. :)

3 comments:

  1. I would definitely like to spend some time in F. Scott's world :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Old New York City is awesome. It was definitely a cool time in history!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pick of Old New York City. That would be awesome. The Great Gatsby is still one of my fave books.

    ReplyDelete