Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday Salon: January 31, 2010.

It has been another busy week for us. We finally moved over the last of my things to the apartment, so I am officially moved in! There are only a couple small things to put away and then we are settled...it only took a few months. We were both joking that we don't want to move from here unless we move out of state or we buy a house. We'll see which happens first.

I also spent a lot of time bonding with Sparty, who is growing up so fast. He loves to cuddle and he is finally getting along with Hemi (our older cat). They are currently cuddling together on top of the chair in the living room. We are so happy they are getting along.

In book news, I managed to almost catch up on my reviews. I still need to put all my posts about The Dollmaker up. I should just say now that The Dollmaker was not at all what I expected. But it was very, very, very good. I have lots to say about it, so be prepared.

I am also thisclose to finishing The Winter's Tale by William Shakespeare. I only have 1 act left, so I should finish it tonight before bed.

So, goals for this week are:
  • Make posts for The Dollmaker
  • Finish The Winter's Tale and post
  • Start and finish The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
  • Make posts on Tom Sawyer
  • Start something else??
Now it is time to join the hubby on the couch and watch the rest of the Grammys.

Happy Reading!

3 comments:

  1. ahh so many goals!! good luck with everything this week :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    A small group of us is reading winter's tale at the end of the month here in Amsterdam, NL.

    So what are your thoughts on the play?

    looking forward to being Leontes, a character who follows the jealousy theme started by Othello, though much quicker to be jealous.

    Act 4 is my least favourite with the shepherd songs and dances etc. but i'm sure was ver lively when first done onstage.

    i did write a blog about WT which you can find here: http://blog.iloveshakespeare.com/?p=1760

    i hope you like it.

    yours William S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry that link goes to antoher post. just search winter's tale on the blog and you'll find it.
    yours Will

    ps good luck with the rest of your reading!

    ReplyDelete