Monday, June 28, 2010

Book Blogger Appreciation Week 2010.

After a bit of debating, I decided to enter myself into the BBAW awards. I figured, "why not?" I can only suffer embarrassment and humiliation, right?

Actually, no. I am really excited to read through posts that highlight the best of the book blogging world. I know that the way I view my own reading and free time has changed since starting my blog and challenge back on September 1, 2009. So this seems to be a perfect way of sharing my challenge and what I have accomplished with others in the book blogging community. I just want to say that I feel slightly uncomfortable entering myself, so please don't assume that I am trying to toot my own horn.

Anyway, there are two categories for nominations, niches and features. I am submitting my blog for one in each. Let's start with the niche category.

Best Literary Fiction Book Blog
Reviews:
The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood
The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot
Other:
On Personal Reading Experiences (The Dollmaker by Harriette Arnow)
On Racism and History (Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell)

I am also entering in the featured category.

Best New Book Blog
Reviews:
The Sign of Four by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood
Other:
The Beginnings of "A Literary Odyssey."
Thursday Treat: A Man Without a Country
Cranford Read-Along

4 comments: