It turns out that quite a few books on my project list qualify, and since I was going to read them anyway, this is the perfect excuse and opportunity.
Here are the rules, copied directly from Adam's post:
- You must register with the Mister Linky below prior to March 5th in order to be eligible to participate.
- You must read only “new” books – meaning, no re-reads are allowed. Books for other challenges can be cross-used for this one, but you must read the book and review it in the month of March (previously completed books for other challenges do not qualify).
- You must link up each book review to a separate Mister Linky, which will be available on March 5th (once registrations close).
- Challengers must post on their blog an “Announcement” post,
indicating they are participating in this challenge and which level they
hope to attain. One completer from each “Class” will be randomly
selected to win the corresponding prize for that level.
- You do not need to meet your level in order to win a prize. If you aim for “Grand Merlin Class” but only achieve “Magician’s Class,” you will still be entered into the Magician’s Prize Pool!
- You do not need to list your books in advance, but I plan on doing so (to keep me motivated and to help me stay organized).
- Any Fantasy, Science Fiction, or Magical Realism books will qualify. This means you can read Young Adult, Dystopian, Steampunk, or Alternative Histories.
There are different levels for participation, so I chose my level based on the amount of books on my project list that qualify. :)
I am aiming for the second level, Wizard's Class, which requires me to read and review 3-5 books during the month. Here are the books I am planning on reading:
- The Once and Future King by T.H. White (Fantasy)
- Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne (Science-fiction)
- A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess (Dystopian)
- The Time Machine by H.G. Wells (Science-fiction)
Free choice. :) When I finish those four, I am going to read a random fantasy or science-fiction novel NOT from my list. I just don't know what yet.*EDIT* When I told my husband about this challenge, he told me what to read to fill in this last spot-the first two books in Martin's series (The Game of Thrones). He wants me to read at least the first two so I can enjoy the series with him, and since I have the books, I might as well. :)