Anyway, I got a lot of great response and it looks like there are a few of you who will also be joining in. Remember, this is just for fun and it is to force me into some reading! I'll be posting a couple times each day with updates. Make sure that if you joining in you keep me updated on your progress! And if you need a good kick in the pants, I'll try and help. You can also find me on Twitter (@alliedanielson) if you want to chit-chat that day.
I decided I need to make some set plans and goals to keep myself motivated. Here is what I am thinking:
- Reading at least 6-8 hours/day on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I think this is a good minimum to hit and means that at a minimum, I will be reading for at least 18 hours this weekend. That is way more than normal.
- Post two updates/day.
- Check in with the other participants once/day (see? You need to make sure you're updating so I can bug ya.)
As for reading goals, there is a lot I want to read, but I know that I can't set myself up for failure. I need to be realistic. So again, here is what I am thinking I want to read:
- the third volume of Oliver Twist (140 pages)
- 100 pages of War and Peace
- Ulysses (I have a few more chapters to read for this week's post)
- Across the Universe by Beth Revis (I just really want to read this. Like whoa. Since it is YA, I should fly through this in no time).
- I also want to start either Siddhartha or Portrait of a Lady for the TBR Challenge I am participating in
So, how about you? If you're going to join in, what are your plans?