Monday, June 27, 2011

A Brief Note on Upcoming Readalongs, etc.

I have been running monthly readalongs since January of this year. I love hosting them and reading these books with the bigger book blogger community. It has been a great way to meet some new bloggers and see others' thoughts on a book I am currently reading.

But (you knew there was a "but," right?)...readalongs are a great deal of work, at least the way I am running them. The year started out strong, but I have been struggling to keep up with the posting schedules I have set and the logistics. Like I said, they are a LOT of work, but I love hosting them.

You may have noticed no sign-up post going up for July. Frankly, I need a break from my readalongs. And, since I will be on vacation for a week in July, it is the perfect time to step back from hosting. There will also be no sign-ups for another two-monther (meaning, no "big" book for July and August).

I hope this doesn't bum anyone out too much. I have every intention of picking them back up in another month or so. There will be some changes for my own sanity (be on the lookout), but readalongs are something I really love doing, so they will most likely be a permanent fixture here. :)

7 comments:

  1. Just hope you will be back in the Fall!!! Enjoy your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a good idea to take a break like that every once in awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you just need a break from routine in order to refresh and renew yourself. Enjoy your summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually wondered how you kept up with all that without burning out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No sweat! It is a lot of work, and I'm amazed you've been able to keep up with everything this long!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your time off! As you know, I'm doing Charles Dickens's David Copperfield in July, so feel free to join us (it's actually going to be July 1st - August 15th) or invite your usual read-along participants to hang-out w/David Copperfield in the meantime.

    You're a rockstar read-along host, so I can only hope to do my best in comparison. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely enjoy your break. I admire how much you've kept on even when you're so busy!!

    ReplyDelete