In case you haven't noticed, I am a very goal-oriented person. I like to make them, talk about them, and work steadily towards them. However, I also lack a great deal of motivation. And, let's be honest, since going back to daily subbing near the end of November, I haven't been working a great deal. I have been lazy, uninspired, and spend WAY TOO MUCH time watching TV instead of taking care of things that need to be taken care of around the apartment.
So, I am making monthly goals. These are things that I want to finish by the end of the month. Some are book-oriented, some are personal. But, no excuses, by the end of the month, I want to have them finished and completed. You'll see some of them say "continue" and such, and that is mainly to keep myself on track with things I am already doing. I also left some areas broad and some goals broad, since too much confinement will make me a bit batty. ;)
I'm not sure how much I am going to love this process, but I am all for self-improvement and sharing that process with you. If I fail miserably this month, I can always reevaluate and try again next month, right?
Here are my goals for February (some are smaller pieces of my larger 2012 goals, and some are just for the month):
- Revisit requirements for the three programs I am interested in. Create a timeline for due dates, etc.
- Write to old professors for letters of recommendation, etc.
- Draft personal statement
- Continue working on my current piece
- Write 20,000 new words this month
- Continue writing in my journal 3x per week
- Finish the two Dickens titles I have selected for the month (David Copperfield and Nicholas Nickleby) in celebration of his birthday
- Make progress in War and Peace (Hoping to get to 120 chapters)
- Start Les Miserables
- Read Roots for the readalong
- Read other books off my project list if time. :)
- Finish my senior scrapbook (from my senior year of high school. Seriously, I need to finish it)
- Finish crocheting my mom's scarf (been half done for a year now)
- Print some wedding pictures to put in our frames...we've been married for over two years. This needs to be done.
- Continue to try one new recipe a week (I might be combining this into my weekly update posts in my continued effort to make the blog more "me" than just books).
- Use my crock pot more (inspired a bit by Trish and this post)
- Clean out our second bedroom and organize (seriously, it is our dumping room)
- Continue my "ten-minute" clean-ups every night (basically I set the timer and clean up for ten minutes every night and stop when the timer goes off-very helpful in getting rid of daily clutter, etc.)
- Go to the gym 3x per week
- Work-out videos and Wii Fit 3x per week
- Carry water with me everywhere!
- Continue my diet!
How do you feel about making monthly goals? Anyone want to join in?