Sunday, November 1, 2015

#15in31 Challenge: SUCCESS!

So, October has come to an end and with it, the #15in31 challenge. I had posted about this challenge back in September, and at the time, I knew it would be a difficult month.

However, I ended up completing the challenge yesterday morning....nothing like ending a challenge on the last possible day!

Truthfully, I wouldn't have succeeded if it wasn't for being home sick one day from work (I had a horrible cold/respiratory thing going on, and read a few books while bed-bound), and the readathon. I also read a few more volumes of Fables, the graphic novel series I've been reading all year, so...

Why am I trying to discredit myself? I did it! HOORAY!

Here is the final list of books I read this past month (I linked to posts if they've been published, some are forthcoming):

  1. The Red Pony by John Steinbeck-POST
  2. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins-POST
  3. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins-POST
  4. A Lost Lady by Willa Cather-POST
  5. Teacher Man by Frank McCourt-POST
  6. The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson
  7. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon-POST
  8. Fables Volume 15-Rose Red by Bill Willingham
  9. Fables Volume 16-Super Team by Bill Willingham
  10. Fables Volume 17-Inherit the Wind by Bill Willingham
  11. Fables Volume 18-Cubs in Toyland by Bill Willingham
  12. Fables Volume 19-Snow White by Bill Willingham
  13. Fables Volume 20-Camelot by Bill Willingham
  14. The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare
  15. The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
Overall, I'm pretty happy with my list. While 6 are graphic novels, I also read 3 classics, some non-fiction, and a few "fun" reads. I got to a couple books I've been meaning to read for a while (McCourt), and some newer titles that caught my fancy (Yoon).

It was a really successful reading month. I'm not sure what November has in store for me. I'm signed up for NaNoWrioMo, which I haven't participated in for a few years, but I think 5 books would be a success for the month, especially as I have 2 more volumes of Fables to read to finish the series. I'm also joining in on that HP readalong, so I'm sure I'll read a few volumes in November-they're always fast reads. :)

If I plan on doing a #15in31 in December, does anyone want to join? I always have more to time to read that month with 2 weeks off and lighter workloads (I'm usually in the middle of a novel in my American lit class, and I'll be reading another play in Shakespeare, so....less grading). Let me know if you're interested! 

6 comments:

  1. I'll do it December! I may not succeed, but I'm willing to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, there's a harry potter readalong? Pleased to be linking me in the right direction, thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Estella Society is hosting! http://www.estellasociety.com/?p=1533

      Delete
  3. Epic FAIL for me -- I finished only 7 books, plus one audiobook. And most of them were library books! I did read two books from my Classics Club list, so that's something. And 8 books in a month is still pretty good -- I'm on track to finish 100 books this year, which is my ultimate goal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like December is usually my worst reading month of the year. I don't know if that makes me more or less likely to join you if you set a goal. :P

    ReplyDelete