Monday, August 9, 2010

Weekly Wrap-up for August 8, 2010: A Day Late.

I really logged in some hours working this weekend. I worked a nine hour day Friday, 14 and a half on Saturday, and another nine hours yesterday. Needless to say when I got home and discovered my husband had a movie rented ("The Road") I caved in and watched it with him.

I read the book by Cormac McCarthy last summer and thoroughly loved it. The movie was just as dreary as the book, but I felt it was a great interpretation. Viggo Mortenson did an excellent job and I was moved by his performance. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it, but read the book first.

After finished our movie, we crashed in bed, so here is my update for the week.

I finally managed to finish the last half of An American Tragedy, which I have been toting around with me for the better part of a month. I have a lot to say about the book and I am looking forward to writing about all 860 pages.

I also took the time this week to sign up for Amanda's read-along of Bleak House by Charles Dickens. It coincided with my need to get another of his novels off my list perfectly. And since it is the longest of the ones of my list, I can't wait to be done with it.

I'm not really sure what I will be reading next this week. I was leaning towards Brave New World, but I think I might just stare at the bookshelf for a bit and see what jumps out at me.

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea Viggo Mortenson was in The Road...I may have to watch it now. :)

    ReplyDelete