Wednesday, December 15, 2010

And...SURPRISE!

I normally don't write random posts without a specific theme pertaining to books, but somehow I have wound up with 2 in the same week.

Today has been pretty chaotic. I woke up with a screaming migraine, which wiped me out until noon. Then I was hit with a shocker of a phone call.

You all remember that I am supposed to start long-term subbing starting in January? Well, I am starting tomorrow (Thursday). The teacher I am filling in for was ordered to go on bed rest, so I am going to be finishing the last couple days before the students' winter break. It is overwhelming, but I'm sure I'll be fine. It just happened a few weeks earlier than I thought. :)

Anyway, I will be teaching and getting in the swing of things Thursday and Friday. I found out today that Friday is the last day before break (not a day next week), so I am sure that it will be chaotic both days as the students get ready to go on break and I try to adjust. But, it'll be fun and I am looking forward to it.

So, if I am a little absent the next two days, I apologize. I am supposed to be a stop for the Classics Circuit tomorrow and I haven't had a chance to finish the book, let alone write a post. I was planning on finishing it today. I am planning on writing a post tomorrow afternoon, so if you are for that, come look around in the late afternoon early evening tomorrow. :)

Happy Reading everyone!

12 comments:

  1. Well, my friend, you will find out all the joys of teaching as you sub these few days! I'll be thinking of you. The best part is the children's joy. And, in some ways, that's the hardest part, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, last two days before school, too...wow. Good luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Break a leg, or whatever they say to teachers! Have fun tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh good: it's only two days! Have fun Allie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like baptism by fire! Good luck and I look forward to reading all about it, and of course your thoughts on Trollope when you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! I look forward to hearing all about your experiences while teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck and have a great time. I always found it more relaxed around break time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whew...that IS a surprise! Good luck! I hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seems I'm only catching up on twitter these days but I did briefly see your mention. Hope it goes well! Nothing like being thrown into the situation.

    Best of luck. ;)

    ReplyDelete