Sunday, October 16, 2011

Weekly Wrap-up for October 16, 2011: Busy, Busy, Busy.

I am in the midst of chaos. I don't know how else to explain the insanity that has taken over my life. Sorry to say, my lowly blog has been placed on the back-burner for a little while...and it might need to stay there until the end of this week.

In addition to conferences at school, grading 60 memoir projects (I have 10 done and I have had them nearly a week-not good), preparing for our band concert on Tuesday night, regular cleaning and living, sleeping, taking on the student council class this week....well, I also have reading commitments that I am trying to make. I am almost done with Dracula so a post will be going up by the end of the week for my Group Read (the link-up post will be up shortly after this one). I also need to start and finish Inferno this week.

Perhaps I am just insane.

At any rate, life is busy and chaotic. I didn't get anything productive done yesterday-we went to the bar to watch the football game, spent time with Matt's family to see how his step-dad is doing with the chemo, and went grocery shopping. No papers were graded...no cleaning was done.

That's okay. Just means more to do today...

Bah. I don't know. I feel like I have things to say, but I am tired and have a mile-long list of things to take care of today.

Hope you are all doing well. When my life returns to "normalcy," I hope you'll all forgive me.

(and there are only 6 more weeks in my long-term subbing assignment-WHERE has the time gone?)

Happy Reading.

6 comments:

  1. I procrastinated so long on grading papers and projects that MIDTERM finally made me kick my butt in gear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you keep up! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have been busy!! I don't know how you kept on top of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Insane? No! I'd say high functioning!
    But..."I also need to start and finish Inferno
    this week," ?? I mean, Inferno is not Dracula. Why not save Dante until you have more time. Anyway, your lit-blog is one of the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like busy is an understatement! If it makes you feel better, when I read Paradiso last year, I read the bulk of it in a week or so and I would say that Inferno is an easier read than the former. And we won't grumble if your posts aren't up right on time! Good luck with all your busyness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I SOOOO understand "busy" -- evidenced by my late response to this post. ;-) Take it easy, Allie!

    ReplyDelete