I should be honest and say that I've post 3 spin lists....and haven't managed to complete the "challenge." But you know what they say....4th times the charm...errr, right? I sure hope so!
The general idea is to pick 20 books off your Classics Club list that you'd like to read...then, the folks at the Classics Club will pick a number, and voila, you need to read that book by the end date.
Like I usually do, I broke my list down into categories. Let me know if you're planning on joining in!
5 Books from my Back to the Classics Challenge:
- The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner
- The Song of the Lark by Willa Cather
- Lady Audley's Secret by Mary Elizabeth Braddon
- The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
- Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- Tess of D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
- The Remains of the Day by Kazou Ishiguro
- Night and Day by Virginia Woolf
- A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams
- The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- Germinal by Emile Zola
- The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot
- Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
- The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
- Babbitt by Sinclair Lewis
- Candide by Voltaire
- Native Son by Richard Wright