Friday, December 16, 2011

My Wonderful Secret Santa Gifts.

This year was the second year I participated in Blogger Secret Santa events. I love giving gifts, especially books, so I think this is a great way to get a little more involved in the blogging community.

The first swap I participated in was the Persephone Secret Santa event. This swap focuses on those impressive Persephone editions. These books are so beautiful and while I am just beginning to explore their titles, I have been impressed so far.

I was excited when my package arrived and to find it so beautifully wrapped:



When I opened it, I was excited to find this!



The title is Someone at a Distance by Dorothy Whipple. Also included was the matching bookmark for the edition, a card from the blogger who sent this to me, as well as a crocheted/knitted bookmark!

I want to send a HUGE THANK YOU to Col from Col Reads for sending me such a lovely gift! I collect bookmarks, so the crafted one will find a loving place with my collection, as well as the Persephone one, and I am so excited to have a Whipple on my shelf. I have heard wonderful things about her books! THANK YOU, THANK YOU! :)

The second swap I participated in was the Book Blogger Holiday Swap. I participated in this one last year as well, so I was excited to sign up again. My package came a few days ago, and when I opened it, I found lots of wonderful goodies:


I am a bit overwhelmed by the generosity of my secret santa (I still don't know who they are). Included in my package were a number of bookmarks, a keychain, and a sticker in addition to the four beautiful books that now have a home on my shelf. The bottom two are by Cindy Pon (Silver Phoenix and Fury of the Phoenix). I haven't read either, but I have them both on my TBR, and I was excited to get them! The other two titles are Murder in the Cathedral by T.S. Eliot and Our Town by Thornton Wilder. Both are plays that are on my project list and I cannot wait to get to both of them!

Thank you Secret Santa! I will love them all forever!

13 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed your gifts! Fittingly, I found the pattern for the bookmark on a knitting blog I love, Peacefully Knitting. Have a wonderful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Your secret Santas were so generous!!!! Our Town is one of my all-time fave plays, so I hope you love it if you haven't read it already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, gosh, now I feel a bit silly admitting I'm your other secret santa :) Thanks for your kind comments and I hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.

    I wasn't even aware of the existence of Secret Santa in the blogging world. I'm going to try and get involved next year, if I remember.

    Your Secret Santas were amazing! That's some seriously great stuff, and it always feels nice to give and receive gifts from people you don't essentially know.

    But you opened them before Christmas? :-O

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Someone at a Distance -- Dorothy Whipple is just great. I love this Secret Santa exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go, Col...who knew she could knit, too?! Your presents are great, and I'm looking forward to reading Someone At a Distance myself one day. It's sitting on my shelf, just waiting for some Christmas Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look lovely! I was lucky enough to get a Dorothy Whipple book to read too - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful bookmark! Thanks for participating in PSS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Book exchanges are so wonderful! I participated in the Persephone and can't wait to read mine. I enjoyed Someone at a Distance - I got it in last year's exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had a couple of wonderful Santas. I'm sure you'll enjoy your gifts.

    ReplyDelete