I'm taking this challenge on with a different approach. In years past, I focused on pulling books that had been lingering on my reading list for far too long. I did try and help myself out-books I wanted to read, books I was dreading....and well, you can see how that went (my aforementioned failure). This year, I'm pulling books from everywhere and pretty much ALL of them are books I want to read....not just books I'm making myself read because I "should."
In any case, I'm excited by my list and already started the first book (I started it on January 1, so that's not cheating, right??).
Onward to the list!
1. A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin (quite honestly I'll probably read all of them, but that felt like cheating. So book 1 it is).
2. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
3. Tess of D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
4. The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
5. John Adams by David McCullough
6. Truman by David McCullough
7. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte
9. Charles Dickens by Claire Tomalin
10. American Lion: Andrew Jackson in the White House by Jon Meacham
11. A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway
12. Night and Day by Virginia Woolf
13. A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams
14. Beloved by Toni Morrison
So, there you have it, the 12 books I am determined to read (I would really like to read all 14, but we'll see).
Let me know if you're signing and leave a link to your list-I'd love to take a look!