I can't remember the last time I did one of these, but this week's topic is too perfect and I'm excited to share this list with you all!
My list is a combination of bookish and non-bookish, so I've kept it divided for you.
The Bookish Goals:
- Read 75 books this year. I used to read 100/year easily, but in 2013, I only read 65. I'm okay with that, but I think 75 is a comfortable number for me!
- Blog regularly. I don't really know what that means....but I think it means more than once a week.
- Complete my challenges. I only signed up for 2 reading challenges this year, but I think both are perfectly doable!
- Finish my Penguin clothbound collection. Those pesky people at Penguin keep releasing titles....and since I own almost all of them, I should just own ALL of them, know what I mean?
- Continue to read without boundaries. Deciding to break away from my strict list has been a good decision. I'm going to continue reading a variety.
- Book Purge. Okay, SAD, but I need to have another go at the books in boxes in our spare closet.
- Buy a house. We just celebrated our 4-year anniversary after Christmas and have decided it's time we need more space (for puppies! Okay...and maybe babies). This is the year we're going to buy a house (probably late summer/early fall).
- Take Sewing classes. I got a sewing machine for Christmas, so learning how to sew is high up there! I've always wanted to learn, so I'm going to do it!
- Clean out our storage unit. While I deep-cleaned much of our actual apartment over the summer, I didn't touch our storage unit in the basement (SPIDERS). There is stuff down there that needs to be tossed. We haven't used it since we got married....it goes.
- Stay healthy! This is something I've been really working on with my doctor. I've been lucky to not have had a full flare in months, and I think that's because I'm making it a point to really take care of myself. That will continue!
What goals do you have for this coming year?
These are great goals! And they feel really manageable too. Plus there a few fun ones like your Penguin clothbound collection :)ReplyDelete
Thanks! I've found that making harsh and "un-fun" goals doesn't mean that they get accomplished! :)Delete
I love your goals. I've been slowly building my Penguin collection and I agree, I need to just own all of them! I hope you guys find a great house! It's a hard process, but so worth it! I think you know how much I love having room for our giant puppy!ReplyDelete
Thanks! I have about 6 to get (they keep releasing them!).Delete
And I love seeing pictures of your puppy. He always looks so happy! :)
Great goals Allie! Have fun learning to sew!!ReplyDelete
Thanks-it should be an adventure!Delete
Awesome goals! I have a few of the clothbounds too, they are so pretty and understand why you would want to own all of them.ReplyDelete
Thanks-I've been collecting them ever since I first saw them. At one point, I had them all, but they keep releasing them!Delete
I had to clean out the shed, which was PACKED with spiders. There were so many, I think I... I don't know how to describe how I reacted, it was like there were so many I couldn't believe it, so I just *didn't* believe it and I carried on. Utterly foul.ReplyDelete
Ewww. When we went down to pull out all our Christmas stuff to decorate, there were spiders everywhere. ICK.Delete
Happy New Year Allie! I particularly like your Penguin goal. Have the feeling most people just buy them because they're pretty and never actually read them (I'm a bit guilty of this as well...).ReplyDelete
Yes, I read them! Of course they look lovely on the shelf, but I always read the books I buy. :)Delete
Good luck with your resolutions! http://booketta.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/a-brand-new-year.htmlReplyDelete
Thank you very much!Delete
My goal is to collect all the Penguin Thread editions. They are too pretty! One day I will get the clothbound and the English library editions as well.ReplyDelete
I do love the Threads, but I haven't gone down that path. My husband purchased the remaining PELs that I didn't have as my Christmas present this year (they're still on their way). I'll make sure to post a picture when they come in!Delete
Oh, I want to learn how to sew so badly! Owning all the Penguins, that would be great too. I love your resolutions!ReplyDelete
I'm going to sign up for lessons at my local fabric store later on this Spring. I'm excited to start! :)Delete
Many peoples want to earn money on internet without any investment but there is many online jobs which have many investments. Now you can earn without any investment with Just clicking and Earn daily upto 10 Dollars.ReplyDelete
Join this Best opportunity to make money online without any investment or Charges.