Saturday, April 9, 2011

Read-A-Thon Introduction Meme.

Hey guys-

I woke up specifically to complete the introduction meme before heading back to bed. I am still feeling quite ill, so I need some more sleep. I'll be back in an hour or two I am sure. :) I hope you all get a lot of reading down this first couple of hours!

1)Where are you reading from today?
2)Three random facts about me…
3)How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
4)Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
5)If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time?


here we go:

1. I am reading from home, which is in Michigan. I live about 45 minutes north of Detroit and wonderfully, no snow today!
2. I am happily married, I have 3 cats, and my favorite TV show of all time is I Love Lucy.
3. I think there are close to 10, but I'll be happy just to finish the one I am halfway through (again, not feeling good)
4. I want to have fun. Originally I was hoping to plow through some reads, but feeling like crap won't help me get there.
5. Take breaks. That is what saved me the last couple of times. And I have never stayed up the entire thing... (this time I have to be up during the last 4 hours. eek).


Good luck guys. See you soon.

14 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're still not feeling well; I hope you sleep well so you get up better and ready to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better after your rest.
    Happy Reading this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better when you come back. Have a great time today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give me an R
    Give me an E
    Give me an A
    Give me a D

    What does it spell? READ!!

    I hope you feel better! Nothing worse than reading while foggy. Hopefully today will also be relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you're feeling better later in the day! Happy read-a-thon-ing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you feel better and are able to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feel better! I will be hosting at the end of the Read a Thon so glad to hear you will be up then too! Have a good day reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun, and feel better, Allie! Cheering you on. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still can't believe that you're hosting the last challenge girl! You best get some rest today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you get to feeling better, Allie! Enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck, great job and keep reading!

    ReplyDelete