I know that I am super excited, especially since I am taking a much more active role in the events tomorrow. I am hosting a mini-challenge starting at the beginning of Hour 4 (with a cool prize if I do say so myself), as well as hosting the final four hours. Yep, hours 20-24 will be hosted by yours truly. I'm assuming you might all be asleep, but I promise to attempt to be entertaining if you are up then!
I am a little worried about tomorrow. I woke up Monday morning feeling a lot like death. I have been taking lots of medicine and such, but I still feel quite awful. Most of Tuesday and Wednesday were spent in bed, so I am still recuperating. I didn't get nearly as much done or read this week, so I am hoping to pull it together for tomorrow.
I am going to try and condense my posts for tomorrow as much as possible, with only one post for status updates (I said try, so don't hold me to it!). We'll see how it goes since I like the freedom of posting when I feel like it.
I do know that I am taking two breaks. Tomorrow night we are having party for my grandma's birthday at my parents' house, so I will be gone for a few hours eating and carrying on. I also know that I will be gone at some point taking a nap before my hosting gig. I'm sure you understand that! ;)
All that being said, I have a huge stack of books that I am going to be reading from, and here they are (sorry about picture quality. It was early when I took it and rather gloomy):
The left stack from top to bottom:
- Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
- Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
- Far From the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy
- Lady Chatterley's Lover by D.H. Lawrence
- Great American Short Stories Collection by Barnes and Noble
- House of Many Ways by Diana Wynne Jones
- Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell
- The Color Purple by Alice Walker
- The Chronicles of Chrestomanci Volume 1 by Diana Wynne Jones
- Silas Marner by George Eliot
- Walden and "Civil Disobedience" by Henry David Thoreau
- The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
So much to choose from!
What are you planning on reading tomorrow?