Sunday, April 24, 2011

Weekly Wrap-up for April 24, 2011: The Easter Edition.

Happy Easter everyone! I hope you are having a wonderful day!

I feel I should mention that I am writing this one late on Saturday night, since I have every intention of sleeping in since I am desperately tired. I suppose that is what happens when you are working two jobs. :)

This week has been kind of ridiculous and unproductive. I spent Monday trying to catch up at school after being out for two days. At least I came in my classroom and found a wonderful sub note. That is always a good thing to find. I have still been feeling really off. I took a three hour nap on Tuesday after school, and then went to bed for another 6 hours after. On Wednesday I came home, ate dinner, and went to bed at 5:30 in the evening. I didn't wake up until my alarm went off the next morning. Ditto for Thursday. I ended up going back to the doctor on Friday morning where the doctor yelled at me. I am to sleep as much as possible and to not overwork myself. :) Of course, I went to work Friday night.

I do promise to take better care of myself. My kids are moving in to the end of the school year and a lot of projects are coming up, which will make my life easier. Less grading! woot! But there are 8 weeks until the end of the year. I can rock that out.

Needless to say, reading fell by the wayside. I am still trudging through Atlas Shrugged. I had set it aside for a long time (to be honest, it was on the floor where it landed the last time I threw it), and I finally got around to picking it back up. I forgot some of the details...so I backtracked a bit and it is going slowly. I highly doubt I'll finish anything else by the end of the month, but I am sure going to try. We'll see what happens.

In case you missed any posts from the last week, here is what I have posted:
Lots of fun stuff up there! :)

What are you all reading this week? How do you find time to read when you are feeling under the weather or under a lot of stress?

5 comments:

  1. Yeah and I'm thinking that nothing in the world could induce me to be a teacher. Wow. I hope you get the rest you need and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better soon. When I am feeling poorly I tend to hide away and watch DVD's rather than read. Tend to read less when stressed too.

    Have signed up for your Iliad Readalong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved The Idiot! Hope you guys enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed you haven't abandoned ATLAS SHRUGGED yet given how much you seem to dislike it.

    When I'm totally stressed, I try to read "fun" things. Just not a big dense I'm tired book. It'll always put me to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I'm stressed, I force myself to set aside some time for reading. It's my instant zen :)

    ReplyDelete