Saturday, April 9, 2011

Read-A-Thon Update #1.

Well guys, I have had an eventful morning and I haven't had a chance to read anything.

I decided after waking up super early this morning that I needed more sleep after writing my introductory post. I made sure to set my alarm to get my mini-challenge off the ground and running and collapsed back into bed.

Once I woke up, I knew I needed to just give up and go to the doctor. My lovely husband bundled me up and off we went. Sure enough, what I have been fighting off the last week is not a mere cold. They did some tests and told me I have walking pneumonia. Wonderful, huh? So, I got a big old shot of antibiotics and strict instructions to take care of myself. The doctor told me to relax, lay in bed, rest, and maybe read a book.

Good timing? Maybe.

Now that I am confirmed in having the plague, I am staying home the rest of the day. I am going to go huddle up in bed with my pile of books and read/sleep. I'll leave my laptop on the nightstand so I can update.

First up will be finishing off Mary Barton. After that, who knows?

In any case, I hope you are all having a great time reading and plowing through your big piles of books. My task will be determining the winners for my mini-challenge!

Another update once I actually read something!

8 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are still participating and you have walking pneumonia! That's devotion right there. Get some sleep and feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, goodness. That's terrible! Feel better soon, Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. D: Really glad you went to the doctor! Pneumonia's not something to mess around with. Focus on getting better and don't feel bad if you don't hit your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, no! Feel better, Allie. That's certainly not a fun diagnosis. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you'll finally get some much needed rest. Take care sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, no! At least you have a doctor's order to read now! And hopefully now that you have some antibiotics those will get you back on your feet soon.

    ReplyDelete