Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Few More Grumbles.

I don't mean to be a big ball of whine over here, but I can't help it. Things are just all over the place right now and I am struggling to keep on top of the million and one obligations I have. Sadly, my internet presence is taking the brunt of my efforts to cut down on stress.

I had full intentions to come online tonight to FINALLY get the first post for my Dostoevsky post up and running, but when I realized the date of the next post is merely 6 days away, why bother? I'll post the first half together-I hope that is okay with those of you participating. I just don't...have the energy to deal with writing and finalizing what is going be an intense post.

Like I mentioned on Saturday, I have finally hit a wall. I am having a hard time falling asleep at night, and I can't get myself up at the right time in the morning. I am struggling through some lessons, and I find myself getting a little snippy with the kids (which they don't fully deserve, but since it is so close to the end of the year, they are QUITE whiny). It isn't fair to them to have a cranky teacher, so I have started to take naps in the afternoons before heading to the park. It only helps a little.

Another huge area of stress is taking care of our apartment. Matt has been chipping in as much as he can, but with summer classes for college and a full-time job as well, he can only do so much. I have pretty much resolved that there are a few things I have to let slide until I have more time to take care of them. But it is making me twitchy.

There are two lights at the end of the tunnel. The first is on Monday. Since we don't have school, I sort of begged my boss at the park to let me have the day off. My plea of "I haven't had a day off in 40+ days" seems to have worked, so Monday will be spent here at home relaxing, cleaning, and having some much needed "me" time.

The other light at the end of the tunnel comes on June 17-the last day of school. I am pushing my classes through to the end, and I know we're going to make it, but there is a lot left to do. 16 days left isn't that many, so I know I can do it!

I suppose the real reason I came here was to simply say that if I'm not around as much (like I haven't been in a couple weeks), that's why. There is a lot on my plate right now, and I need to make sure that the people who need to be taken care of are. :)

Don't worry, I have huge plans for this summer-especially since I get two days off per week once I am full time at the park. What am I going to do with all that free time? ;)

5 comments:

  1. Yikes, you're making me stressed just be reading your post :) You've something to look forward to, that's good. And unless the apartment is really getting to you, don't spend your day of cleaning, choose your battles!

    All the best from this side of the line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope things ease up for you soon, Allie!! Just remember why you started this blog -- you yearned for the very things you have now: teaching, students, books, purpose.

    We'll be here when time permits you to post. :-)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries. Hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck pushing through to the end.You will survive! I was a couple of days late with my first post for The Idiot, but I am only a few pages away from the end of Part Two, so my post for Part Two will be on time. I am absolutely loving this reread of The Idiot, and I probably would not have picked the novel up at this time without the read-along. So, from my end, it's all good. Take care of yourself as much as you can. Sending peaceful thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is a lot to deal with! I hope having Monday off helps you to recharge a little.

    ReplyDelete