I feel like I am way behind most of you! I am still trucking through Middlemarch and Nicholas Nickleby. I thought I would have been done with both of them by now, but no. :) Both books are wonderful-I've just had a bit less reading time than I would have liked.
Anyway, this week's giveaway is for book I haven't read yet! It has been on my TBR for ages and is one of the titles on my Classics Club list. When I was picking out some titles from the new Penguin English Library series, I immediately put this one in my shopping cart. And then I added a second one for one of you. :)
Here is a summary taken from Goodreads.com...
"Lady Audley's Secret (1862) was one of the most widely read novels in the Victorian period. It exemplifies "sensation fiction" in featuring a beautiful criminal heroine, an amateur detective, blackmail, arson, violence, and plenty of suspenseful action. To its contemporary readers, it also offered the thrill of uncovering blackmail and criminal violence within the homes of the upper class. The novel makes trenchant critiques of Victorian gender roles and social stereotypes, and it creates significant sympathy for the heroine, despite her criminal acts, as she suffers from the injustices of the "marriage market" and rebels against them."
Today's giveaway is for a new Penguin English Library edition of Mary Elizabeth Braddon's Lady Audley's Secret. To enter, read the following and comment below:
- This giveaway will be open to any residents of the U.S. or Canada (my international participants, I have special giveaways planned for you later on).
- You MUST be a participant of A Victorian Celebration to enter.
- You MUST be 13 years or older
- You do not have to follow me or subscribe to qualify
- You MUST leave me your e-mail so that I contact you if you win
- The winner will have 48 hours to respond or I will pick a new winner.
- To enter, comment on this post and answer the following question: What post from the Master Post have you most enjoyed reading so far in the celebration? Why?
- The giveaway will be open until 11:59 PM on Friday, July 6, 2012 EST.