This morning I decided to pull a new pile, since I hadn't created a nightstand pile for the Victorian Event and the rest of the summer. I decided to give myself until September 1 to read from the pile before creating a new one. Now, it is pretty likely I won't read all of these by then, or I may read books that aren't here, but these are the books I've been eying recently (you'll see quite a few Victorians!).
(I will apologize in advance that some of the titles are blurred out. This shelf is next to a window and I had a hard time getting the titles to be not blown out. This was the best pic of the 5 I took).
From left to right and top to bottom:
- Kim by Rudyard Kipling: I started this one last year and never finished it.
- Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell: Really want to get to this one for the event, but I seem to be going at a slow pace...
- The Life of Charlotte Bronte by Elizabeth Gaskell: I've read the first 30 pages or so, but I just need to dive in.
- Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte: I haven't read anything by Anne, and this is the one I have on my bookshelf. It's short, so I should be able to fly through it.
- Return of the Native by Thomas Hardy: I will definitely be getting to this one soon!
- Barchester Towers by Anthony Trollope: I read The Warden just so I could read this one soon.
- Far from the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy: Another Hardy title...I love this new Penguin edition.
- The Hero of Ages and The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson: Both of these are for group reads, so I know I'll finish them.
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain: LOVE TWAIN! I'll probably save this one for August.
- Tess of D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy: I might not get to this one, and that's okay. I might "save" it for the end of my project.
- Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens: Just like above, I might "save" this one for near the end of my 250 list.
- A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett: I've never read this one and just got my copy so...yeah. Definitely going to read this one!
- Lord Jim by Joseph Conrad: Another one I started and never finished. I'll probably read this one in August as well.
- Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray: Yet another title I started but never finished. I really want to get to this one for the Victorian event, but not sure I'll have time.
- Beloved by Toni Morrison: I'm still discovering Morrison, so I know I need to read this one soon.
- Light in August by William Faulkner: I meant to read this one LAST summer, so I am making it a point to get to it this year. I've also been craving some zany Faulkner!
- A Passage to India by E.M. Forster: I started this one in May, so I need to finish!
- The Voyage Out by Virginia Woolf: Another one I started in May and need to finish!
Seems like a lot, right? I know....
I have Thursday and Friday off this week, so besides doing laundry and a few other domestic type things, I am planning on diving into some great books! I'm hoping to finish both of my current Victorian reads, as well as one other title...probably a Hardy. Feel free to join in on my reading spree if you are able!
What are your reading plans for the rest of the summer?