Sunday, October 18, 2015

Weekly Wrap-up for October 18, 2015: Readathon, #15in31 Progress.

What a crazy weekend! 

I participated in the readathon yesterday and for the first time in a few years, I actually read most of the day. I took a very laid back and relaxed approach to the whole event, and I think it really worked out in my favor. I didn't really participate in any challenges, but I enjoyed myself anyway. And I got a lot of reading done. 

Here is my complete stack:


I actually finished Teacher Man on Friday night, but I'm including it anyway since I only read for about 9 or 10 hours yesterday. I also through in Volume 18 of Fables, even though I read it this morning. And without those two, I still managed to read just under 1500 pages and finish 5 books from cover to cover yesterday. It was a fabulous reading day. :) I also really enjoyed everything I read, so that's always a bonus.

With all of that reading, and finishing another volume of Fables this morning, I caught back up where I should be for #15in31. I have 11 books under my belt for the month, and while I have 4 more volumes of Fables to go, I have a few novels I also want to read this month. We'll see how much progress I keep making, especially considering this is a busy week and the grading is still piling up.

I'm so glad that I'm pushing myself back into reading. I MISSED it. SO MUCH. It's very easy to get caught up in other things-watching TV, etc-so I'm glad I'm returning my first love. I'm probably not going to be as focused next month with NaNoWriMo, but I might tackle another #15in31 in December. I'm enjoying it so much and with 2 weeks off from school, I'll have time to read some lengthier books.

In any case, while I would love to keep the reading trend going to day, I have laundry and grading to keep me busy. I hope you all had a great reading week!

3 comments:

  1. It was a great readathon! I also was replaced and I finished a book. I honestly didn't think I would. I got into The Warden. I had to take a few hours of to help an elderly lady. But I just picked up reading again. I probably read 10 hours. Yeah for being more relaxed and rolling with the punches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great readathon! I also was replaced and I finished a book. I honestly didn't think I would. I got into The Warden. I had to take a few hours of to help an elderly lady. But I just picked up reading again. I probably read 10 hours. Yeah for being more relaxed and rolling with the punches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the readathon! Glad you got to read for a change. It's always hard when a slump hits us.

    ReplyDelete