To be honest, I didn't think I was going to be as sucked in to the project as I have been. I'm flying through Cather's works, and if I continue at the rate I'm reading, I'll finish her complete works by the end of the summer (I know, right?). In any case, I thought that now would be a good time to check in and let you know how I'm doing...and also inspire you to take on a project of your own.
To date, I have completed the following of Cather's works:
- April Twilights (poetry) 1903: Finished on January 15, 2013
- The Troll Garden (short stories) 1905: Finished on January 27, 2013
- "Flavia and Her Artists"
- "The Sculptor's Funeral"
- "A Death in the Desert"
- "The Garden Lodge"
- "The Marriage of Phaedra"
- "A Wagner Matinee"
- "Paul's Case"
- Alexander's Bridge (novel) 1912: Finished on February 2, 2013
- O Pioneers! (novel) 1913: Finished on February 17, 2013
- IN PROGRESS: The Song of the Lark (novel) 1915
- My Antonia (novel) 1918: Finished on January 6, 2013
I'm mainly just amazed at how I feel about taking this project on. I feel a big sense of accomplishment, especially since I am making steady progress, and I am still motivated. I've already planned out a couple more complete works projects for the future. :)
I've also decided that I want to finish by the end of 2013 so I can begin a new project with the new year. We'll see if I can make it.
If you've taken on a similar project, how have you fared? Have I encouraged you to start your own project? Let me know!