Saturday, March 27, 2010

Book 31: Book Stats.

Title: Death of a Salesman
Author: Arthur Miller (1915-2005)
First Published/Performed: 1949

Awards Won: 1949 Pulitzer Prize for Drama

My Edition: Penguin Plays
Pages: 139

In high school I had to read The Crucible by Miller. I thoroughly enjoyed it and was glad that my teacher made us read it out loud in parts to make it easier to understand. I will be reading The Crucible at a later date.

This is the first non-Shakespearean play that I am taking on so far, so I am hoping it goes well. I find Shakespeare to be easy to read in my head, but I am not so sure about reading more modern plays in the same way. I think I may have to read out loud, especially since this play shifts time periods often.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck, I dont think I ever read a play (unless at high school). Cant wait to see your review.

    I lke your new background by the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had you ever read Death of Salesman before? It was one of the pays I actually really enjoyed, even though it was massively depressing.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete