Saturday, May 22, 2010

LOST Challenge: COMPLETE.

I am posting to say that while not all of my reviews are up (I am a little back-logged on reviews still), I have completed the LOST books challenge!

To complete this challenge, I had to read 5 books that were featured on the TV show Lost before the series finale (which is tomorrow). If you are unfamiliar with the show, there is a lot of focus on literature and mythology.

I went to the Lostpedia to search for the books I wanted to read and came up with a list of seven books I was considering:
  1. Animal Farm by George Orwell
  2. Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
  3. Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
  4. Lord of the Flies by William Golding
  5. Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
  6. O Pioneers! by Willa Cather
  7. The Turn of the Screw by Henry James
However, plans changed and I managed to read and complete the following, all of which were featured on Lost at some point:
  1. Animal Farm by George Orwell
  2. Lord of the Flies by William Golding
  3. Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
  4. O Pioneers! by Willa Cather
  5. The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  6. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
All of my reviews are not complete (I just finished the Steinbeck this week), but I managed to read 6! Woot!

One of the best parts about this challenge is that knowing the literature really made more click within the show. I think that in the future (a couple years from now), I will definitely need to go and read more of the books featured in the show.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing the challenge. I love Lost and can't wait to find out the ending. And I'm really liking the idea of the whole 2.5 hours tomorrow. Truly excited and hope Kate and Sawyer get together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! I'm still behind :(

    I can't wait for tonight. I so excited and sad at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! Be sure to email me links to your review posts when they go up and I'll add them to the LOST Books Challenge Blog. :)

    ReplyDelete