Anyway, today's post is probably going to be a lot of musings on what August WASN'T. You see, I had grand plans for the last month of summer. I think I assumed I could find a balance between prepping for school and everything blog related...yeah, no. Didn't happen. Obviously my planning and prepping for school took over, and I'm okay with that. It needed to be my focus. Now I can start on Tuesday with some pretty awesome lesson plans in hand.
I've managed to relax this week as much as possible by turning to some comfort reads. None of them come off my 250 list, none of them are challenge books, and while that normally would bother me, it doesn't. I've been a reading fiend, something that has been lacking this summer!
Prior to this week, I read the following in August:
- Mansfield Park by Jane Austen (no review up yet).
- Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
- A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K. Rowling
- Quidditch Through the Ages by J.K. Rowling
- The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
This tells me I've been needing some comfort. And I am really enjoying my time with all of these titles.
I've mentioned a few times in the last few weeks that the blog is going through a bit of transition as I also transition into my new job. I wasn't even sure what that meant until earlier today. I'm positive that my reading tastes aren't changing...just more positive that I am stepping back a little. I will still be reading and posting, just less often. With the demands of 150 students, I don't think that can be all that surprising. I'll post when I can, and that's just going to have to be okay. :)
Even with that being said, I'm going to make a few goals for the fall:
- Complete my Harry Potter readalong (I'm finishing the series)
- Finish Clarissa by Samuel Richardson (I've been craving it, so I am returning to it)
- Attempt to complete my TBR Challenge
The rest of tonight is going to be spent making cupcakes at my mom's house (for a birthday celebration tomorrow) and perhaps snuggling in bed with Prisoner of Azkaban. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, I will definitely see you next weekend! :)