Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Book List Meme: February 23, 2010.


Okay, it is time for a weekly book Meme hosted by Rebecca at Lost in Books. Each week a topic is posted that must be answered by the titles and pictures of 3 books.

This week's topic?

3 Books That Should Be Made Into Movies

This was a really fun topic that I had to think long and hard about.

1. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. While there is an old version of this movie already out (from the 60's I believe), I would love to see an updated version of this. It is an old favorite of mine about a world where books are considered dangerous and firemen burn them.



2. Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer. This is a fun series about a teenage criminal who decides to mess with the fairy world. It is original, fun, and action filled.



3. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. While the movie rights have been bought for this a number of times, Card is refusing to have it done in a way that will take away from his work, which I love. He is making sure that when and if the movie is made, it will portray his novel correctly and in a way that his fans will love. In the meantime, I am waiting and hoping that a movie will be made, since this is an EXCELLENT piece of science-fiction that I absolutely LOVE.

6 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I definitely agree about Ender's Game. That's one of my favorite books of all time. I wonder if the movie will ever be made!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ender's Game would be good--there's been some discussion on other blogs about the difficulty of finding someone who could play Ender, though.

    I thought of Artemis Fowl and almost put it on my own list. It could be a very good movie...or series of movies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these, but I love that Card wants the film to be true to his book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! Another Ender fan. Also, good call on an updated Fahrenheit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And yet, if they remake F451, I'll miss the fun of showing Truffaut's film to children of the year 2010. If you've never seen the film, you owe it to yourself to take a look -- if for no other purpose, than for amusement. All I have to say is flying jet-packs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks, Allie! Fahrenheit 451 would make a great pick for remake.

    I saw that you don't have a teaching job. I am a teacher and work somewhere I am not sure about because it is all I could get in this economy. No one is leaving schools. I feel for you and hope you get a job soon! (By the way, that is how I got into reading challenges and blogging, too!)

    ReplyDelete