Monday, February 15, 2010

Musing Monday: February 15, 2010.

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about a reference material.

Do you keep reference books on your shelves at home? What’s your first port of call when you need information – the internet or a book?

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your opinion in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks.


I do keep a few basic reference materials (like a dictionary) on my desk, but I rarely have anything else on hand (besides reference books for crafts, etc). I usually head online to search for more in depth data about something I am interested in, or I head to our local library. Our library is pretty well-stocked and the librarians are helpful, so if I am struggling on the internet to find something, they can usually point me in the right direction.

I also own a few "fun" reference materials I have bought in the past at garage sales and used book stores. One is a set called "The Classroom Teacher" from the 1920s that gives rules for teaching children. It is a pretty entertaining read!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Allie! You have an award @ my blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still harken to my good old hugeass dictionary that I got from my piano teacher when I graduated from high school. As far as other reference materials, I have bunches of readers' advisory books since I'm in school to be a librarian. I use these books quite often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually have quite a few teaching/lesson resource books, although admittedly I've only aquired them within the last year or so for classes. I keep them all because they're exceedingly useful, even if only on these cheesy fake classroom settings I've been "teaching" in during classes.

    However, for 99.9% of things, I just hit up the good old internet. If anyone ever asks me anything, I tend to go to www.lmgtfy.com and send them the link.

    ReplyDelete