Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday Salon: February 28, 2010.

It is really hard to believe that it is the end of February already! Time is simply flying by and I can't believe that I have been married for two months already. I suppose you could say that time flies when you are having fun.

This has been a great month overall. I got a lot of reading done and probably posted way too much. I am pretty much caught up on my backlog of posts, so they will slow down a bit.

In exciting news, I am launching my first giveaway later this week, so keep checking back for it. I am giving away some exciting things (I think), so please enter!

I also went to the bookstore this week to pick up the copy of Gone With the Wind that I ordered a week ago. Would you believe that neither bookstore in my city had a copy? And these are the big chain stores! But, now I have my huge copy and I am contemplating reading it. I might put it off for something a little darker. I have been reading a lot of women writers recently and I think I need some manly influences in my reading.

While picking up my copy, I wandered through the store and noticed some amazing new editions by Penguin that seemed to just appear. You might have seen them:




The store also had Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre, Tess of D'Ubervilles, The Picture of Dorian Gray, Wuthering Heights, and Great Expectations in similar styles. I thought they were all beautiful. They are wonderful hardcover editions, complete with ribbon bookmark. I absolutely loved all of them and wanted them all, but I managed to only buy one (Cranford), since I already own the other titles. I think in the future (money permitting), I am going to have to get all of them. They are such beautiful editions and I love Penguin classics. Penguin does a great job and I find that all of their classic editions are well done. I am so excited to add that green volume to my shelves.

Anyway, I managed to read O Pioneers! as well as Little Women this week, which was a really good week in reading (over 600 pages). Again, I am not sure what I am going to read next. I was thinking about The Great Gatsby, but I might go for a play since I have been ignoring all those titles except for Shakespeare.

Happy reading everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Love some of your recent reading choices! What fun! I'll have to come back and look around.

    Good luck in the give-away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I covet those new Penguin editions too! So often, fancy classics are leather (which, as a vegetarian, I don't want on my shelf), so these look perfect! Too bad I have no money, lol. Perhaps I'll write a very early letter to Santa.

    ReplyDelete