Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Illness, Slaughterhouse-Five, and Sparty,

I have been feeling very under the weather since Sunday. When I am ill, I tend to get a little forgetful and scatterbrained. Matt might say I am like that all the time, but it gets pretty bad when I don't feel good.

I also get whiny and demanding, which Matt bore the brunt of last night when I made him go out and buy grape popsicles because my throat hurt at 11 at night.

But that is another story.

I have yet to start reading Slaughterhouse-Five since finishing The Shipping News late Sunday night. I have only managed to read a page or two before my mind wanders elsewhere. I last gave it a try yesterday afternoon. I set it down somewhere and this morning I could not find it anywhere. I also could not find Sparty (our kitten).

Matt had left this morning for class while I was still asleep and usually Sparty comes and cuddles with me once Matt is gone. But I could not find him, or my book, anywhere.

Then it dawned on me that the second bedroom door was closed. We use that bedroom as our office. I opened the door to find my book and Sparty in the same place.

(I should note here that our wall is covered with car posters, and the leopard print monstrosity is a Snuggie Matt "won" at work. So this picture is a whole lot of PAZAAM! in regards to color and pattern).

It seems as though Sparty found a great place to sleep and it was on top of my book. I did attempt to remove it, but Sparty got a little possessive of his new bed, so I let it be.

Needless to say, I am giving up on Slaughterhouse-Five fow now and I am reading something different.

The kitten wins...for now.

1 comment: