Monday, February 22, 2010

Musing Monday: February 22, 2010.

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about a keeping books.

Do you keep all the books you ever buy? Just the ones you love? Just collectibles? What do you do with the ones you don’t want to keep?

Musing Mondays is hosted at Just One More Page.


When I was living at home, it was a lot easier to store my books without them taking up a lot of room. I didn't have any bookshelves in my room, but I did have the use of a big linen closet outside my bedroom. I used that closet to store my books. I have pictures somewhere that I'll have to post sometime.

I would also store the books I was going to read soon by my bed in a big pile on the floor.

Needless to say, with a big closet with room for lots of books, I bought a lot and kept a lot. In fact, I have kept every book I have ever bought unless someone has borrowed it and I haven't gotten it back.

Now that I am in an apartment, I have come to realize just how much room over 1200 books takes up. While I don't really want to part with any of them, I do think I need to go through them and be honest with myself about what I want to keep. I love to reread books, so I am always afraid that I'll want a book and it won't be there.

4 comments:

  1. Just can't keep all the books I read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, one must find room for the TBR books. The problem is the ones I have read and know I will never have the time to re-read. I am not a re-reader and yet it is so hard to part with them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a lot of room for books and I have some plastic storage totes that are stuffed with my older books. I periodically go through and donate books I know I won't read again to the library book sale. I take good care of my books so a lot of them still look brand new. The only thing I haven't found a cure for is the eventual yellowing of the pages :(

    ReplyDelete