1. What are you reading right now?
I am still reading Mary Barton. I took a break and read a short story last hour (The Yellow Wallpaper), but I only have 93 pages left in Gaskell!
2. How many books have you read so far?
None. Thanks for asking. :)
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I'm looking forward to starting Their Eyes were Watching God. I have heard so many good things.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
I tried, but spent an hour or so at the doctor's office earlier since I have the plague. Needless to say I only started reading about 2 hours ago.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
see above. :) I would also like to say that twitter is way too distracting. :)
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
It seems to be a lot bigger this time around-YAY!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
I actually think it would be a good idea to push the time...forward? so we would start earlier? Maybe that is silly, but I would prefer reading from 12:01 AM to 11:59 PM in ONE day rather than have it carry over into the next day. I know that wouldn't work for all timezones, but in some areas it really carries over into Sunday.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
I haven't had my co-hosting gig yet, so I don't know if I can really answer this in regards to that. As a reader, my goals for next time are to not be sick.
9. Are you getting tired yet?
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Well, I am just trying to enjoy myself at this point. I realized as soon as I woke up I wouldn't be gung-ho today with being so sick, but I am managing just fine. Whatever I get read it okay and I am enjoying getting to talk with other bloggers.
And I am most definitely going to host another mini-challenge in the future. I had a blast hosting and it is a GREAT feeling to give away books. So, be prepared for more of that!
Now I really won't be back until I finish Mary Barton.