One of the reasons I love events like this so much is the amount of community it brings together. I have discovered so many new bloggers over the last week or two! I love finding new-to-me blogs and discovering others who share the same passions.
Okay, enough of my sappy nature, on to the giveaway!
The second book I am offering up is Far From the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy. This is a title I'm hoping to get to during the event. I've loved both Hardy books I've read so far (Jude the Obscure and The Mayor of Casterbridge), so I have high hopes for this one. Here is a synopsis from Goodreads.com...
"Far From the Madding Crowd tells the story of beautiful Bathsheba Everdene, a fiercely independent woman who inherits a farm and decides to run it herself. She rejects a marriage proposal from Gabriel Oak, a loyal man who takes a job on her farm after losing his own in an unfortunate accident. He is forced to watch as Bathsheba mischievously flirts with her neighbor, Mr. Boldwood, unleashing a passionate obsession deep within the reserved man. But both suitors are soon eclipsed by the arrival of the dashing soldier, Frank Troy, who falls in love with Bathsheba even though he’s still smitten with another woman. His reckless presence at the farm drives Boldwood mad with jealousy, and sets off a dramatic chain of events that leads to both murder and marriage."
Up for grabs is a new copy of the Barnes and Noble edition of Thomas Hardy's Far From the Madding Crowd. To enter, read the rules and comment below!
- This giveaway will be open to any residents of the U.S. or Canada (my international participants, I have special giveaways planned for you later on in the event!).
- You MUST be a participant of A Victorian Celebration to enter.
- You MUST be 13 years or older
- You do not have to follow me or subscribe to qualify
- You MUST leave me your e-mail so that I contact you if you win
- The winner will have 48 hours to respond or I will pick a new winner.
- To enter, comment on this post and answer the following question: Besides reading the Victorians, what is your favorite summertime activity?
- The giveaway will be open until 11:59 PM on Friday, June 15, 2012 EST.