Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday Salon: April 11, 2010.

My eyes are still feeling a little heavy after reading so much yesterday, but let's give this post a go!

Things are going to get a little crazy around here this week, and I doubt I will get much of anything done before Tuesday. On Tuesday Matt and me are heading up to Michigan State for their annual Teacher Recruitment Fair. Every year school districts from around the country and Michigan go to meet with new grads, and old alums like me, and see if jobs can be found! The last two years I focused solely on talking with Michigan schools, since we didn't want to move. This year, however, we have both come to the realization that Michigan is floundering and there aren't very many teaching jobs.

We researched all the the out of state districts and have a list of our top districts (mainly in Colorado). Our only criteria was that there was a university or college within driving distance!

Anyway, Tuesday should be an exciting day and I hope that I come home with good news...and a job contract!

After all the excitement of Tuesday, I do have some grand reading plans!
  • Finish Persuasion by Jane Austen: In all reality, I should finish this today, since I only have 60 or so pages left. It will make good bedtime reading tonight.
  • Read/Finish The Count of Monte Cristo and The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas for the Classics Circuit. I keep putting these off and I need to finish them both!
  • Read/Finish Part 2 of The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky. I read another 100 pages yesterday in the read-a-thon, but I still have a chunk to go before Thursday's post.
Well, with all of that being said, I am going to go make breakfast and eat before I leave for work!

Happy Reading!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on the job search!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed the RAT. I did too. Persuasion is my favorite JA, I hope you are loving it! I gave you an award on my blog today!
    http://carolinebookbinder.blogspot.com/2010/04/another-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with finding a job. I'm new to your blog but I love your mission! Have fun with Dostoevsky, he's not one of my favorites haha.

    ReplyDelete