I had my last day at the park on Friday, so I spent the weekend with Matt and I've been plotting out what I'm doing this week. I have a whole week with no real obligations. I have PD and room set-up next week (school starts after Labor Day), so I am going to take advantage of my last week of freedom. :)
Here is what I am hoping to accomplish in the next week:
- Finish Mansfield Park and A Passage to India
- Rearrange/straighten up bookshelves
- Move initial items into my classroom (I have a lot of reference books, etc that I want to get in there. I also want to measure my bulletin boards for fabric, etc).
- Type and prep first week activities, etc.
- Continue prepping all my classes (I've made the most progress with my American Lit class, sophomores, but I need to get more done in mythology and U.S. History).
- Clean and scrub down the apartment-I've been meaning to do a real good deep clean of the apartment since summer started, but haven't had time.
- Go shopping for new dress pants, etc. Dress pants always seem to be something I need!
I love your classes! If, someday, I become a teacher, I would love to be in charge of American history and literature too.ReplyDelete
I loved Mansfield Park, but somehow I find myself more comfortable reading Austen in winter than in summer. Can't wait for your review.
It's no wonder with all you have coming up! You can do it!!!ReplyDelete
I worked in schools for 35 years as a speech pathologist and the beginning of the school year was always great fun. I found it to be a clean slate,the planning etc was fun, catching up with all my colleagues, having laughs then going home at night to think about it all and read books and relax. I am looking forward to following how you go. I think you'll be brilliant.ReplyDelete
So Allie, all the very best for your reading and your job!! Pam
I'm excited for you for you to start the next chapter in your life! I have to say, I gave up on Mansfield Park for the time being but will have to try it again another time.ReplyDelete
Also, you'll rock your list like a boss this week. (and I hear you on the dress pants thing, I never seem to have any that fit me either)
I'm so excited for you and your upcoming school year. I can't wait to hear updates.ReplyDelete
I know what you mean about a good clean. I cleaned the kitchen hardcore this past weekend because we got a new fridge. It felt so good to get that done.
Good luck with the new school year! :D You'll be great!ReplyDelete
I hope you've been able to get much of your list accomplished this week. Good luck preparing for and starting the new school year!ReplyDelete