As for my book choices, I'm really not sure WHAT I'm going to read. I am definitely going to finish Northanger Abbey, and I've been eying a few other titles, but I'm not sure what I'll grab. I want to make some progress with both lists, so I think I'm just going to take a walk by my shelves and see what jumps out at me.
If you're participating, please let me know so I can stop by and visit during the day.
And, to kick us off, here are my answers to the starting point questionnaire!
- Name and Blog: Allie at A Literary Odyssey
- Snacks and Beverages of Choice: I'm going to stick with water for as long as possible. I'm trying to reduce my caffeine intake for health reasons, so I'm going to be good! As for snacks, we have a lot of fruit in the house (pears, clementines, and apples) that are calling my name. I'll probably snack on some pretzels too.
- Where are you reading from today? Michigan, but more importantly, my couch. Probably under a pile of warm cats.
- What are your goals for the Readathon? I just want to make some progress on my list! Ideally, I'd like to finish a book or 2, but I'm taking it easy. I'm not sure how much I'll update, but I imagine every few hours?
- What book(s) are you planning on reading? I'm still not sure! I'm probably going to gravitate towards some smaller titles, but a chunky book to sink my teeth into also sounds good.
- Are you excited? Very. :)
I looove Northanger Abbey. Is this your first time reading it or is it a reread? I can't remember if you've said so already. Either way, have fun with it!ReplyDelete
I'm sorry to hear you were sick. Hopefully a day devoted to reading can make you feel a little better. :)
I'm participating too, hopefully I can finish Les Misérables once and for all. My eyes will dry off permanently if I keep on crying because of this book.
I mentioned the Readathon to my cats, and they were pretty excited, because it means they can pile on all day long, and I won't move. Northanger Abbey is a fun one, I think. Have a great day! --HarrietReplyDelete
Jane Austen is pretty popular on everyone's lists today. Have a great readathon :)ReplyDelete
I'm doing the readathon from MI too :)ReplyDelete
happy reading Allie - I hear warm cats can slightly distract you ;-)ReplyDelete
Oh you're so healthy! I feel guilty for devouring nothing but cookies and chocolate ;)ReplyDelete
Hope your reading is going well!
Hope you will feel better today. Love Northanger Abbey - enjoy your reading!ReplyDelete
Hi Allie, I discovered Xingu by Edith Wharton from Rebecca, a fellow CC member, and put it on my list. It's a free download at Amazon and has about 48 pages. I've already completed it and loved, loved, loved it. Highly recommend if you or anyone else hasn't read it. Funny.ReplyDelete
I'm in Houston, quite aways from you. The dogs are dealing with the readathon. My mom, 97, has slept the morning away so it's been good. I'm about to tackle chapters 42 - 112 of Moby Dick. I'll check back to see how you're doing. Here's my reading updates.
Allie, I hope your feeling better. We've been sick in these here parts, too (Tennessee).ReplyDelete
Sorry you've been sick, but that should make it easier for you to lie around reading!ReplyDelete
The Willa Cather book above has a gorgeous cover - I'll look forward to the review.
Happy reading and feel better soon.
I'm sick for the readathon too and my house is a total mess still from the holidays. Oh Well. Hope we feel better soon!ReplyDelete