Sunday, April 12, 2015

Weekend Update for April 12, 2015: End of Spring Break and Reading Binge.

Hi everyone! It's hard to believe that we're halfway through the month already, isn't it? Since today is the 12th, it also marks that I have exactly 2 months until the end of the school year. Our third quarter ended before break, so we only have a short time left before glorious summer. :) I have a lot to get done in that time!

But I digress...this last week was my spring break. We had a little bit of a longer break since we had the Friday before off as well (it was our "Records" day). I had a lot of plans for over break-reading, doing some work on my National Board Portfolio, cleaning, and grading. To be honest, I spent a lot of time doing domestic things-doing a bit of spring cleaning, catching up on laundry, as well as cooking and spending time organizing some things that needed organized. I also read quite a bit (I think 4? Maybe 5?). I did a little grading...and read through some materials for my NB stuff....

Today, after I finish writing this entry, will be spent on a bit of a grading binge. I started a bit last night (and totally forgot how much I had to do). I have some things that NEED to get on third quarter, so those will be my priority. I also have....96 essays on The Crucible that I should get to soon.

But I did enjoy my break and spent it as a break. I needed it. I was feeling pretty negative before this week, so I'm ready to get back to work refreshed and ready to go. I also need to set a little more time aside for get my NB stuff done-I'm thinking next weekend will be spent catching up on that so I can enjoy the readathon the week after!

Speaking of reading, I read some good things this week. Here's the list (I had to double check on Goodreads to make sure I'm remembering correctly):
  • Fables: 1001 Nights of Snowfall
  • Fables Volume 3
  • Landline by Rainbow Rowell
  • Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver
  • Fables Volume 4
Sure, 3 of them are graphic novels....but who cares? :) I also (finally) got a copy of Battle Royale by Koushin Takami yesterday, so I'm excited to read that as well. I didn't expect it to be as long as it is, but I'm sure it will be a fast read.

I really need to get back into some of the classics. I've been neglecting them the last month or so. I did start Lady Audley's Secret a couple weeks ago, but set it aside. I think that might be my next big read.

Anyway, the piles of grading are calling me. Have a wonderful Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. 96 essays? Eek!!! Good luck! I hope they are all wonderful and easy to read - because I've been on the grading end of essays and know just how painful they can be.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete