Monday, December 19, 2011

An Austen Quiz.

I've been craving more and more Austen since I finished Sense and Sensibility. I am trying to sedate my craving by looking elsewhere for my Austen fix. And while taking this quiz hasn't fixed that (I might just cave and read her Juvenilia), it helped a little.

I took the quiz the first time and it came out...


You are Anne Elliot of Persuasion! Let's face it; you're easily persuaded, particularly when friends and relatives try to use "the Elliot way" against you. But this doesn't mean that you don't have conviction. Actually, your sense of duty is overwhelming. And though you won't stick your neck out too often, you have learned to speak up when it counts. To boot, you know how to handle sticky situations. You love deeply and constantly.

I decided to take it a second time...just because for a couple of questions I debated my answers. I then came out as...


You are Elinor Dashwood of Sense & Sensibility! You are practical, circumspect, and discreet. Though you are tremendously sensible and allow your head to rule, you have a deep, emotional side that few people often see.

I'm not sure if either one is correct. I suppose that bits and pieces are probably accurate.

On a somewhat related note, I have fallen in love with the name Elinor. I don't know if I can sell it to Matt, but I think having a little Ellie running around one day would be wonderful.

3 comments:

  1. Fun!! I love it when people take this quiz. :-)

    I'll be reading the rest of Austen in 2012, hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happened to Madeline?

    ReplyDelete