Saturday, December 3, 2011

Belated Readathon Master Post. *UPDATE x1*

Update #1

Well, I wrote my earlier posting at about 10:30 this morningish. Then I spent an hour putzing around online. Then I got sucked into cleaning out our fridge. Then I spent some time cuddling with the cats because they decided I was more comfortable than their beds. Then I started a batch of chili in the crock-pot because it is cold, chilly, and perfect for a warm bowl of chili (in a few more hours when it is ready).

Then a million other things happened and here I am, at about 3:30 in the afternoon, 5 hours AFTER I said I was going to start reading.

Whoops.

It happens, you know? But now that the apartment is slowly smelling like delicious chili goodness, the dishes are done, the fridge is no longer harboring anything freaky, and my cats have found comfier perches, I can finally start reading. The question is, what?

I think I am going to start out with Paradiso. I just finished Purgatorio the other night, so I think it would be best to wrap it all up!

Wish me luck!


Morning:
Today is the belated readathon! Yay! While it already well into hour three, I am just joining in. I decided to sleep in this morning and take care of a couple of household chores before diving into my reading.

I'm not sure how much I am planning to read today. I have three more books I need to finish before I can read any of my "fun" reads, so it will probably be a combination of:
  • The Portrait of a Lady by Henry James
  • Paradiso by Dante
  • Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
Lucky me finished Walden last night (thoughts on that one will go up during the week).

My only goal for today is to finish one of the three titles above. If I can do that, I'll consider today a success!

Let me know if you're participating today, so that I can stop by and cheer you on!

2 comments:

  1. You need cheering on too! Go, Allie, GO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a nice afternoon of reading. I started to lose focus about when you started, so it's all good.

    ReplyDelete