Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The "Day After" Readathon.

Hi guys!

Yep, I am hosting another readathon! woohoo!

After some conversations with Lori on twitter a few weeks ago, we decided to host a little readathon in the new year. We both want to kick-start the year in grand fashion and with some really good books. Personally, I know I have some Shakespeare to plow through, so this is the perfect excuse.

Anyway, here are the details if you want to join in:
  • The readathon will go through January 1st and 2nd. You can start anytime you'd like-just read during those two days (do let me know in a comment that you're participating so I can cheer you on!
  • I will be updating on my blog, as well as little updates on twitter (much like I did in my readathoning in November). You can update...or not.
  • Have fun! The only purpose and goal is to get into the groove of a new reading year in 2012.
That's it! I know that I will be reading up a storm both days since the husband is working. :) I hope you'll think about joining us-even for a couple of hours!

15 comments:

  1. I think I just might join you. I probably won't get much reading done on the 1st, but I'll just be hanging out with my kids at home on the 2nd. This is perfect because I have three library books that are 500+ pages each that have to be returned in about two weeks. I need to get cracking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could join in! :( I'll see what I can do, but these 2 days are pretty busy with family and the like. I'll do some reading on the 1st, and hopefully I may perhaps be able to do a 12 hour stint on the 2nd, but not sure. I'll try! I'd love to do this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any weekend plans other than starting on preparing a nursery! (I told myself I had to wait until after the holidays he he.) I'll have to see how much reading I can fit in, but hubs and son will be home, so it may not be a ton.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to try to get a lot of reading in on the 1st and 2nd! Like last readathon, I'm not sure I'll be participating officially as I'd rather not get pulled into tweeting and surfing the Internet. (That's what always seems to happen to me!!) But anyway, I'll be reading in spirit and may join you more fully, depending on how focused I feel that day. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally joining in! Just found your blog too! This will be my first readathon ever :) I have some Dickens to get through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might join in...I'm on a blogging break this week, but I'm definitely still reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm...maybe I'll join in on this, at least for a bit. It would be a good jump-start for my 2012 reading, but I'll have to see if I have the time...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will join you this time since I have some exciting reading challenges for 2012 and I can't wait to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like fun! I will probably "unofficially" join in. I'll be with family and sometimes it is hard to know whether I should plan on doing nothing or if there will be a lot going on, but I am hoping to do a lot of reading on those days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll probably only manage to squeeze in a couple of hours a day, but how can I resist? I'm in :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in as well. :) Due to the weather, I'm staying in this weekend anyway so I may as well read.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in! http://cheapblackpens.tumblr.com/post/15126292199/a-literary-odyssey-is-hosting-the-day-after

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm in! What a great way to start the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll join the "unofficials" as I try to read as much as I can these two days (today & tomorrow)! Today my goal is to finish Touch by Alexi Zentner - a lovely, lovely book.

    ReplyDelete