Saturday, April 27, 2013

Readathon Post! *Update x4*

8:10 PM: I think I'm calling an to my readathoning...or lack thereof. I was really looking forward to today, but my body isn't too happy with me. After writing the last post, I passed out on the couch for another 3 hours and only woke up because Matt came home. My joints are aching and I feel like I could sleep for days...so while I will probably read for a few more hours, I don't think I'm going to update anymore.

I hope everyone had a very successful readathon!

3:49 PM: Well, I ended up taking a bit of nap, then I read for a little while before taking a shower and taking care of a few chores around the apartment. I'm ready to get settled back into Bitterblue and read until Matt gets home from work in another 3 hours or so.

I hope you're also getting a lot of reading done!

Readathon Nonsense Stats (3:52 PM):
# of Pages Read:211
# of Books Finished: 0
# of Beverages: 3 (all big bottles of water-no caffeine yet!)
# of Kitten Cuddles:3 (Lily cuddled this morning, and Sparty has been attacking me off and on for the last hour. Right now he is eying my lap...)
Random Thoughts: Really just want to dive back into Bitterblue!

10:52 AM: Breakfast had so much potential, but sadly let me down. Please note that you should check to make sure you have everything you need before cooking and eating. I mixed my pancake mix, got them all cooked, then when to grab my syrup, and it was ALL GONE. :( I ate them anyway, but they would have been better with syrup on top.

Nevertheless, I will soldier on now that I have food in my tummy. Bitterblue, here I come!

Readathon Nonsense Stats (10:54 AM):
# of Pages Read:156
# of Books Finished: 0
# of Beverages: 2 (finish a large bottle of water early this morning, and I am halfway through a bottle of grape enhanced water. YUM).
# of Kitten Cuddles:1 (Lily was very affectionate this morning, rubbing on the corner of my book and nudging my hands to be petted).
Random Thoughts: I think I have chocolate on my face...

9:54 AM: I decided to take a little break now, after settling in with Bitterblue for the first hour and a half. I made some great progress, and I am SO GLAD I decided to start with that book! It's amazing!

I'm getting pretty hungry, so I suppose I should eat breakfast. And I am definitely thinking of some pancakes...with chocolate chips. Yep, that sounds about right. :) I also need something to drink since I downed my bottle of water already (My Brita refillable water bottles are one of the best purchases I have ever made.

Anyway, breakfast time and more reading. I'll probably check the website since the next post should be up soon. :)

Readathon Nonsense Stats (9:58 AM):
# of Pages Read:156
# of Books Finished: 0
# of Beverages:1 (a very large bottle of ice water-yummy)
# of Kitten Cuddles:1 (Lily was very affectionate this morning, rubbing on the corner of my book and nudging my hands to be petted).
Random Thoughts: Really loving Bitterblue so far-wonder when Cashore's next book will be out!

7:46 AM: Hi everyone! I'm excited to be participated in the 24-hour readathon happening today. I wasn't sure if I was going to, but I really need the down time! I've been having a flare-up the last few days, so sitting and reading sounds FABULOUS.

I've participated in every readathon since I started blogging, so this has to be my 6th or 7th go! I've learned not to push myself too hard, and to just enjoy spending some time catching up on some great titles. Whenever I push myself too hard, I regret it later. I'm planning on my usual routine today. And to keep you up to speed, I will be updating this post all day so I won't bother you with numerous little tidbits all day!

I have a good mix of books on my pile:
  • The Song of the Lark by Willa Cather: This is the only one I've actually started already (about 40 pages in), and I definitely want to make a dent. I think I might save this one for later on...
  • The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck: I've been really wanting to read this one, so I might begin it in a little while...
  • Bitterblue by Kristen Cashore: I have been saving this title to read today, so this is the first book I'll be diving into!
  • Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys: I adored Between Shades of Grey, so this one has been on my shelf since it came out.
  • Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans: I love the bright colors and the premise sounds amazing. I might save this one for later tonight when I get tired.
  • Every Day by David Levithan: This will be my second attempt at Levithan's writing, and I am looking forward to it. I've heard great things!
I'm sure that I'll end up reading a book not on my little list at some point today-as is the beauty and wonder of the readathon, but we'll have to see. 

And, before I start reading, the introductory meme:

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

Lovely Michigan. Thankfully, today it looks like Spring outside. In addition to having some 70* days this week, it also snowed on Wednesday. Ah, lovely Michigan. In my apartment, I'll be mainly reading from my couch. :)

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Definitely "Bitterblue." I've been saving it so I could read it in one big sitting, so hopefully it lives up to those expectations. I'm also looking forward to diving deeper in my Cather title. 

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

We have a little local diner about 2 minutes from our apartment, and I already know I'm ordering lunch from them. :) They make the BEST salads...and I have students who work there, so they always hook me up. :) I also have some apples in the fridge and peanut butter in the pantry, so I am sure that will be making an appearance.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

I've been in a bit of a reading slump (after reading something like 7 books over my Spring Break), so I really need this downtime!

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I've learned how to pace myself. I always start with a fun title I am looking forward to-that way, when I finish it, I'm energized for the day. I've also learned that I can't do the full 24-hours. It leaves me cranky the next day, and since I have a LOT of grading to do, I definitely need to be alert tomorrow! I've also learned to drink lots of water, take breaks to chat on twitter, and to cheer others on! But most of all, READ. Spending too much time online or participating in complicated memes means less reading time!

And my readathon stats (I will add to this throughout the day and attach it under each update):

Readathon Nonsense Stats (8:02 AM):
# of Pages Read: 0
# of Books Finished: 0
# of Beverages: 0
# of Kitten Cuddles: 0
Random Thoughts: I'm ready to get this party started!

21 comments:

  1. Enjoy the Spring weather! Yumm a local dinner!!!
    Have a fantastic time
    A Girl that Likes Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good stack of books to work on! Have a great readathon today, hope your lunch is delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some amazing books! Have fun today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope this will knock you out of your reading slump! I was feeling the same way, so hopefully this readathon will be awesome for both of us. Read on! Hope Bitterblue is all you expect of it!

    #TeamBear

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes a readathon is just what you need! :) I haven't read Every Day yet but I really want to, I just left it at school by accident so not today. Looks like you have some fun YA books though, I loved Between Shades of Grey too, can't wait to her your thoughts on her second book. Happy reading! Also your pancakes sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you have just made me want to read the Graceling Trilogy. I'm glad Bitterblue is as good as you hoped it would be. Good luck with the rest of the books on your list, Allie! If you need some cheering up, Team Bear's here for you! Or you can send me a tweet (@travelingreadr). ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm jealous of your kitten cuddles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Last read-a-thon I did, I decided to make cornbread and discovered halfway through that I didn't have any eggs! My mom was a lifesaver; she brought me some.

    I loved Bitterblue. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sucks about your breakfast :( But yay for reading! Keep up the awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally forgot that you live in Michigan. My home state! Unfortunately, I'm not going to get to visit this year. My sister and her family still live up there and I have tons of friends I stay in touch with.

    Hope you're enjoying the read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't ever do the whole 24 hours, but I have fun reading as long as I can. I'm loving this Midwestern spring weather too. Happy read-a-thon Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope you get some good reading done before you go to bed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm in a bit of a reading slump too, but this has helped. I hope it has for you as well. Happy reading, Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you enjoyed your day of reading in beautiful Michigan. I too have aching joints and needed my sleep so didn't sleep all night, but thought I'd stop by before the read-a-thon is officially over. I am a Classics Club member too and added your blog to bloglovin. Happy reading! Here's my Dewey's Read-a-thon post if you'd like to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We loved having you, Allie, even if it wasn't quite the turnout you'd planned. Rest well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Top Ten Classified Website List, Pakistani Classified Sites, USA Classifieds, Indian Classifieds, Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and every thing you want...
    www.hotcurrentaffairs.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Best Lol n Troll Network with the Name of Lols Gag... Troll Images, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, funny planet, funny facts, funny cartoons, funny movies pics, iphone funny, funny jokes, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited.
    LolsGag.Com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Make Money Online is very easy now, In Internet system we have now best earning system without any work, Just Invest some Money into your Business and Make Perfect Life time Earnings with this Business.
    Join Now for Make Perfect Business and Earn Money online from home.
    www.hotfxearnings.com

    ReplyDelete