Sunday, April 14, 2013

Weekly Wrap-up for April 14, 2013: Musings and Chores.

It was a crazy first week back from vacation, but I was productive and things are going well. My sophomores are in the midst of their American Author research project and my history classes are finishing up the Great Society with LBJ (we start the Civil Rights Movement on Wednesday). Now that we are on the other side of Spring Break, there is an end in sight. :)

This weekend was filled with a lot of chores, so I'm just sitting down to get a few things set for the week. I spent yesterday relaxing and taking care of a few things around the apartment (my knees/hips/ankles have been killing me this week, so minimal walking) until Matt got home. We went out to dinner and decided to go see Jurassic Park in 3D at the theater. :) It was a lot of fun. I'm still a bit amazed at how good the special effects are 20 years later. I jumped in a few parts-dinosaurs in 3D are a bit frightening!

Today we slept in, went to get brunch, then I went grocery shopping. I hate grocery shopping on Sundays, but we had nothing in the fridge and I'm sick of quick meals. I stocked up on pantry staples and came home to a scrubbed out fridge (thanks Matt!) and a clean apartment. I've been cooking and prepping things for the week since then, including doing a few more loads of laundry. Chili is bubbling in the crockpot and I have chicken marinating in the fridge (with plans to grill it up tonight for salads throughout the week).

All in all, it has been a very relaxing weekend after a stressful week. I am looking forward to this week, especially since I will have a bit more time IN school to grade and prep. With my English kids researching throughout the week, I have some time to grade their projects!

I'm also hoping to get in some reading at night. I was planning on finishing This Side of Paradise this weekend, but I seem to have run out of time. I'm sure I'll read a bit tonight, but not enough to finish. :)

Alright, time to change the load of laundry, stir the chili, and get that chicken cooked. Hope you all have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I love those perfect balance weekends. When I can be productive and have time to do something fun I get overly giddy.

    ReplyDelete