Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Thank You.

I don't know if its the fact that I have been feeling rather ill this week, which is causing delusions, or if I am just too emotional of a person, but I have spent a great deal of time in the last few days thinking about how great things have been going for me since starting this project.

When I began, I don't know if I really knew where it would take me. I was feeling low. So low. Things had not been going well professionally and I was without anyone to turn to. I felt very alone and miserable, and as if I was going no where.

Then I started this whole shebang and here I am. I am infinitely happier than I was a year and a half ago. I have read wonderful things that have truly changed me. I know that I have a great deal more to read and I cannot wait to see the person I will become when I finish this journey.

Most of all, though, is the feeling of community I have now. There are quite a few of you who I am so grateful to know. Through you I have grown to become a much better person. I am more confident in what I am doing and where I am going. And best of all? I have so many people to talk books and literature with! :)

Really, I am so thankful that I started this odyssey, and I cannot begin to thank you all enough for coming for the ride. It would not be the same without your encouragement, cheers, recommendations, and support. I probably would have given up by now had it not been for all the lovely comments and e-mails.

Too often we take the people who are most important to us for granted, so every once in awhile we need to stop and thank them.

So this is for you, dear reader: Thank you.

14 comments:

  1. This is so sweet to read,even though i've not been one of those people,being new on the scene.it's lovely to know that such a friendly supportive environment exists, and I also love the fact that there are other people who talk about books and read as much if not more than me! Glad to hear that reading's done so much for you :-) hope it continues to do much much more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just amazed and in love with the power of books for the better. As a newer book blogger, I've been pleasantly surprised at how embracing and warm the book community is. I am so glad that this has made you happier--certainly reading more books and book blogs such as yours has been a high point in my life these past few months. I hope we all continue to enjoy our bookish journeys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post! This is an awfully special community of book bloggers. I too am so glad I found you, Allie, and all the other folks here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank YOU! I have only been reading your blog for a couple of weeks, but I can honestly say it is one of my favorites. I'm so glad that it has been a benefit to you to write it, because it is certainly a blessing to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you great big sappy hugs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same way about blogging. I live in a rather non-literary community, and joining the book blogging community really made me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad this project made you feel better! And congratulations on the job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so lovely Allie - we lvoe reading your posts and watching your project progress and can't wait to read more :-) Becky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Big hug, Allie. I'm happy to know you, too. You're so inspiring! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Allie, it’s been great to be on this side as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you decided to blog and undertake this odyssey. It's amazing to be able to connect with other readers who feel passionately about classics. Yay for the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. aw, thank you for your thoughtful posts! Always so insightful.

    ReplyDelete